The UW team supported stakeholders in LMICs to strengthen the local COVID-19 response by providing consultation in areas that included (but were not limited to):
- Prototyping or supporting the adaptation of products to meet the needs/capabilities of local hospitals and/or the local communities
- Providing support in aligning products with international standards
- Providing support in identifying potential supply chains and assistance for manufacturers transitioning to PPE production
- Developing software tools to facilitate connections throughout the supply chain by matching materials suppliers to manufacturers of PPE and manufacturers to facilities in need
- Supporting local universities in the setup of testing facilities and developing broader capacity to facilitate coordination in their local contexts
To learn more about how the technical assistance instruments were implemented, click here.